There’s another great conference coming up for developers. “Web Directions Unplugged” will take place in Seattle May 12 and 13, and it’s targeted at folks that are designing and developing apps and games using HTML5. They’re offering a 30% Discount for the Socialize Mobilize community with the code “socialize,” making the show just $695.
For those who read this blog, you know that I’m a big proponent of HTML5. It is fast becoming one of the most important development technologies, not just for web sites and applications, but across every screen – mobiles, tablets, TVs and more. The games industry is far from untouched, with casual and social games from the likes of Disney and Zynga, and right across the spectrum being developed with these technologies.
Web Directions Unplugged will focus specifically on designing and developing games and apps using HTML5 and related web technologies. The fun will continue in Seattle with Amped a great free hack event, Amped, May 14th. Here’s more about these events from the organizers:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
A three track, in depth, fluff free conference, Unplugged is for
* Game developers and designers, looking to investigate how to best use a new generation of web technologies to target a wide array of platforms
* Web designers and developers looking to bring their skills to app development
* Mobile developers looking to widen the range of platforms they can target
* Decision makers looking to make strategic decisions about platforms to target, and the tools and solutions to help best get their apps and games to market
Among the many topic covered are
- Touch based interaction design
- Graphics and game programming with HTML5
- Realistic UI design
- Quality Assurance and testing techniques for web apps
- Mobile content strategy
- Bridging technologies like phoneGap, AIR, and Rhomobile
- Platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry, webOS and Playbook
- and much more. All in depth sessions, from leading experts around the world.
GREAT DISCOUNTS FOR THE SOCIALIZE MOBILIZE COMMUNITY:
We’re excited to have SocializeMobilize as a media partner for this first-of-its-kind event, and to be coming to Seattle with Unplugged, long an important hub for mobile, web and game development.
Members of the IGDA community can receive a further $100 off the discounted price for the conference, using the code “socialize”
That makes this 2 day, three track, fully catered conference just $695!
And don’t forget Amped – a free, “lean forward” day for you to showcase your skills, try something new, and win great prizes, on Saturday May 14th
At Web Directions we aim to have:
- The best, most engaging content
- A great, campus like atmosphere
- fantastic social events
- to create events quite unlike your usual conference – educational, inspirational, and fun.
We look forward to seeing you at Unplugged and Amped in May in Seattle.