Did you know that:
- A typical US mobile device contains 18 apps?
- 10% of adult cell phone users have downloaded an app within thepast week, 20% of those under age 30?
- 8 in 10 Americans own two or more mobile devices?
- Mobile advertising will cross the $1B mark in 2011 on its way to $2.5B in 2014s?
With staggering stats like that, it should come as no surprise that the App Economy is changing the world. Come to APPNATION III November 30-December 1, 2011 at the San Francisco Design Center in San Francisco and find out what’s next and how you can profit from this burgeoning marketplace. Socialize Mobilize is a media sponsor of APPNATION again this year, and you’ll save 30% off registration when you use the code “SOCIALIZEMOBILIZE”
I’m at Facebook’s headquarters in Palo Alto, CA today to hear about Facebook’s new HTML5 platform… I’ll be updating my notes from the event throughout the day, below. Refresh regularly:
First up… Mark Zuckerberg.
- 350,000,000 people monthly are touching Facebook’s mobile apps. Facebook is pushing on mobile and thinks it’s going to be a big opportunity for developers.
- On mobile apps, social infrastructure has been missing. The app store model is a good way to get distribution, but developing your apps so that they’re fundamentally social will also give you better distribution through the social graph.
- The vision for Facebook’s mobile apps. Facebook thinks that all apps will eventually become social. Mark says he wants Facebook to be on every phone and as deeply integrated into many devices as possible. (more…)
- All aboard for #Android 4 #icecreamsandwich http://t.co/Ru2ue2eM #
- Discover the power of crowd sourcing: Meet @sxsw winners @LostZombies. Book signing tonight at Books Inc., Alameda, CA: http://t.co/zNImGQia #
- Discover the power of crowd sourcing: Meet SXSW winners, Lost Zombies at their book signing tonight: Books Inc.,… http://t.co/Hvwirv5V #
- Great question: Why do so many people praise start-ups that raise $ & look askew at cool start-ups that bootstrap? http://t.co/G54uY0lZ #
- Great newsletter from Ridgecrest Capital Partners detailing recent #wireless M&A, financing & performance: http://t.co/T1BqrjU8 #
- ooh – There was just a tiny little #earthquake in #sf .. #
- I'm at the @LostZombies book signing at Books Inc in Alameda, CA. #mfzar #crowdsourced #
- Nice #crowd at the @LostZombies book signing. #mfzar #zombieapocalypse #crowdsourced http://t.co/zJ9ib7eH #
- Congrats to @Telesocial who just launched a free #API for making #mobile calls from the social web http://t.co/mMiyyKaE #in #mobiledeveloper #
- Congrats to my client, Telesocial who just launched a free API for making mobile calls from the social web! http://t.co/Es3HW8RF #
- Ping me if you would like to learn more about @telesocial's free calling api at #gdc #
- Best shirt at #gdc http://t.co/YQFL9uZw #
- Via @techcrunch: "@Telesocial Opens API, Allows You To Add Voice Chat To Almost Anything" http://t.co/uK9Uc4bu #in #
- TechCrunch | TeleSocial Opens API, Allows You To Add Voice Chat To Almost Anything http://t.co/bAI3LARI #
- @wattersjames Hi James. Can you DM me your email address? I've got a project that that is looking 4 cloud expert. Would love your referral. #
- The economics of social gaming infographic from @mashable http://t.co/9DqBX0DC #
- Prepare for the #Zombie #Apocalypse: @LostZombies' (#CrowdSourced) Book Signing Oct 20, 7pm Books Inc. in Alameda, CA: http://t.co/zNImGQia #
- Tweeps: @carolinewip & @wipjam & I are working on a #mobile #developers #marketing guide & are looking for contributors. Any takers? #in #
- @maxniederhofer Thanks for the laugh. That's the best joke I've heard in a long time. #
On Thursday, October 20th, 2009 SXSW Festival winners, Rob Oshima, Skot Leach, and Ryan Leach will be signing their (soon to be) best selling crowd-sourced Lost Zombies book “Dead Inside: Do Not Enter: Notes from the Zombie Apocalypse” at Books Inc. in Alameda, California:
When: Thursday, October 20th at 7pm
Where: Books Inc., 1344 Park Street, Alameda, CA
If you’re a social media enthusiast or a zombie movie fan, this is a must attend event.
Lost Zombies is a social network for Zombie movie enthusiasts, and winner of the “People’s Choice” and “Community” Awards at SXSW in 2009. Members of the Lost Zombies social network contribute letters, artwork, video clips, etc. that follow the spine of a story line presented by the Lost Zombies team on Lostzombies.com. The Lost Zombies curators have stitched that content into a creative scrapbook published by Chronicle Books called “Dead Inside: Do Not Enter: Notes from the Zombie Apocalypse”. The LZ team is editing the clips its receives from Lost Zombies’ community members into a full length feature film.
Apparently – MFZAR…. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I’ve never been more excited to be working at the forefront of mobile and social convergence than right now. With every week that passes, my work gets more and more interesting. I’m particularly excited about what’s happening today, as my newest client, Telesocial, launches their social to mobile calling solution – the world’s only free API for initiating mobile calls combined with a secure social to mobile cloud directory. This is one of the coolest innovations in mobile and social convergence, and I’m not just saying that because Telesocial is my client…Telesocial’s platform is an industry first, and it is great for users, developers, and mobile operators. (more…)