Following my earlier post announcing the nominees for the 2010 MEX User Experience Awards in London, the ballots have been tallied and the winners were recently announced. As a judge in this year’s competition, I was particularly interested to hear see who won:
- Winner: MEX User Experience Innovator of the Year (chosen from across all 4 award categories): MX series designed by… Movirtu with frog design
- Winner: Professional category (for products developed by companies in the mobile industry but not yet launched commercially): Woobius eye – Real-time visual chat designed by… Woobius
- Winner: Freelance category (for products developed by self-employed individuals): BlazeBroker designed by… Kai Brunner
- Runner up: Freelance category: Telepresent Robot designed by… Vincent MK Lau
- Winner: Commercial category (for products developed by companies and already launched in the market): On – life is better on designed by… Orange Vallee
- Winner: Student category (for products developed by full-time students or young designers) ‘Freedom’ Interactive Map designed by… Adrian Bliss
For more details on each of these products including descriptions and pictures, go here.