WinMoDevCamp is happening from 10-5 tomorrow (Friday, October 2nd) at Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus in Mountain View, in conjunction with Silicon Valley Code Camp. They’ve got a solid line-up of presenters leading sessions including Susan Kevorkian of IDC’s Mobile & Wireless team, Microsoft MVPs, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and more.
If you’re planning to develop for WinMo 6.5, which is launching October 6, this looks like a great opportunity to learn and network. You’ll be able to hear about the new OS, the new Microsoft app market (coming soon) and meet interesting people in the space.
The event will continue throughout the weekend at Silicon Valley Code Camp happening at Foothill College. Over the weekend, developers will have a chance to:
- Create new applications for the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Meet and work side-by-side with team members from the Microsoft Mobile Developer Experience team.
- Migrate existing mobile applications from the iPhone, Blackberry and Palm Pre to the WinMo Platform.
- Create applications to support Windows Enterprise Applications.
- Test and optimize applications for Windows Mobile 6.5.
Unfortunately, I’m not able to make it, as I’ve got several long-standing client meetings in San Francisco tomorrow, but it looks like a great event, and I’d go if I could. If you’d like to go, you can RSVP here. Let me know how it goes, if you attend.